April 7, 2011

Magically Pink Freebie

Pink. Not a favorite color of mine, but I do like it. Now, my daughter? She’s a pink freak! She has loved this color from a very young age. No shade has gone untouched, light to dark, she loves them all. As she has gotten older, her love for pink has diminished a bit, but only because she wants to be “more grown up”. She deems pink a color for younger girls, not for 16-year olds. When we set out to buy a prom dress this year, she was adamant “NO PINK!” One hour and five dresses later, we left with a gorgeous dress in, you guessed it, PINK!

Once I reviewed the pictures my husband had taken, a layout started forming in my head. I remembered Crystal had a pink kit in the store and set out to use it. I am very happy with how this layout turned out. The selective coloring is perfect to focus on the dress that she so adamantly did not want to be pink, as well as blend with the kit. Here is my final layout.

dj-sugarpie-magicallypink-layout01 (600 x 600)

As a special treat, I have made this layout into a quickpage for you. Click on the preview to download.

dj-sugarpie-magicallypink-qppreview

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this freebie. It's a gorgeous quickpage and the dress is even more gorgeous, even for a 16-year old girl. She looks really pretty. I have to tell you, when I was pregnant (7 years ago), I told everybody not to buy anything pink if it was a girl... Well, my daughter was born and 3 weeks later I bought her... yes... a pink dress! ;-)
    Love from Holland, Marieke

    ReplyDelete